Restorative Justice for All (RJ4All) is an international institute with a mission to advance community cohesion and human rights locally, nationally and internationally. We redistribute power in a more equal way by delivering social justice projects, educational programmes and high quality volunteering opportunities to the most marginalised groups of society. We do this by using the power of education, sports and arts as well as the practices (mediation, conferencing, circles, dialogue, workshops) and values of restorative justice including power sharing, fairness, equality, dignity and respect. RJ4All is the leading Europe-wide restorative justice network with members from over 40 countries.
We achieve our charitable aims by:
• Carrying out educational projects and information campaigns in the interest of children and young people, communities, victims and marginalised groups at the local, national and
• Providing internships to young people, those at risk of being affected by crime and marginalised groups as well as high quality volunteering opportunities involving social action
• Bringing harmed parties together (directly or indirectly) through restorative justice to negotiate solutions and restore the harm that they experienced
• Increasing public awareness of restorative justice, human rights and inter-cultural dialogue.
• Carrying out evaluations and research on restorative justice, criminal justice, human rights and equality programmes
• Building bridges between grass communities and the powerful, as well as acting as learning network between practitioners, researchers, policy makers and users of the justice system
• Increasing knowledge and pushing the boundaries of restorative justice especially in contested areas of practice (e.g. domestic violence, sexual abuse and hate crimes).
• Making restorative justice more accessible to young people, junior researchers, students, practitioners, policy makers, the public and the media.
• Influence international, regional and local policy, legislation and practice.
• Providing expert, tailored and independent advice on restorative justice, human rights, equality and criminal justice.
RJ4All is governed by a Board of non-executive directors with expertise from criminal justice and user service delivery, front-line work with marginalised groups, campaigning, academia and research (https://www.rj4all.info/our-team)
RJ4All is run by its Founder and Director, Professor. Dr. Theo Gavrielides, an international expert in user-led research methods and social policy especially in the areas of youth, restorative justice, criminal justice and human rights (see https://www.theogavrielides.com/bio) The Director is supported by an operations’ team of international experts
(https://www.rj4all.info/RJ4all-team) RJ4All hosts at least 5 part-time interns on a monthly basis and engages at least 200 volunteers annually. RJ4All has received the Quality Label (receiving and sending) for the European Solidarity Corps and works in close collaboration with EURODESK UK. We are also supported by an independent Academic and Editorial Board and an International Advisory Board. Their membership includes some of the most prominent academics, researchers and practitioners in the areas that we cover. Within this Board, there is an Ethics Committee that reviews Ethics Applications when vulnerable individuals are involved in our work.
RJ4All also runs an independent, publishing arm. RJ4All Publications is an impactful publisher specialising in social sciences and the publication of cutting-edge research. We have published books on youth and justice, hate crime, human rights, gender equality, domestic violence and many more. RJ4All Publications is also the publisher of the leading international, peer reviewed Internet Journal of Restorative Justice (IJRJ) and the Youth Voice Journal (YVJ). We work with our distributors (e.g. EBSCO, British Library) to disseminate our publications to over 200,000 institutions from around the world.